lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] [Minor bug] Lynx does not convert relative URI references sta

From: Mathieu Bonnet
Subject: [Lynx-dev] [Minor bug] Lynx does not convert relative URI references starting with a colon, correctly
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 21:34:54 +0200

AS: Thanks to CC me any reply, as I am not subscribed to this list.

Hi,

Lynx does not convert relative URI references starting with a colon,
correctly. If I have a relative URI reference, in HTML, like `<a
href=":foo">foo</a>`, then Lynx will handle it as the absolute URI
`:foo` (which is not even a correct absolute URI, as the scheme part
cannot be empty (and Lynx does tell me, if I try to activate it: "Badly
formed address :foo")).

As per RFC 1808 ยง2.4.2 (http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1808.html), Lynx
should handle this URI reference as a relative URI path (i.e., if the
base URI was "http://example.com/news/latest";, then the final absolute
URI would be "http://example.com/news/:foo";), because the colon is not
located "after the first character" (it *is* the first character).

Thanks to anyone who will take the time to correct this behaviour.

Bye.

--
Mathieu Bonnet <address@hidden>