lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.6dev.19

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.6dev.19
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 11:09:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 4 Oct 2006, address@hidden wrote:

In a recent note, Thomas Dickey said:

Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 20:47:59 -0400

The current version of lynx is 2.8.5

2006-09-18 (2.8.6pre.4)

I just noticed that if I resize my terminal window by dragging
an edge, the colors change to an illegible monochrome (mostly
black on black).  This (mis)behavior appeared between dev.18
and dev.19 (I seldom resize a window, apparently) and persists
through pre.5.  The color scheme I get differs depending on
whether I drag an edge or a corner.

That sounds as if it's analogous to the problem we encountered with PDCurses not restoring its color pairs after an endwin(). I'll take a look to see what's going on.

The problem appears on either Solaris or z/OS with either PuTTY
or xterm; does not appear on OS X with either OS X Terminal or

OS X would be using ncurses, which does not discard color pairs in endwin() - I forget exactly, but it's probably associated with the terminal data which depends on the SCREEN - something like that.

xterm.  It does not appear on Solaris when I simply kill -WINCH
the lynx process.  In all cases I am using the system's native
curses, not ncurses nor slang.

-- gil
--
StorageTek