lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Keymap Problem

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Keymap Problem
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 04:11:17 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006, Thomas Dickey wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Sep 2006, address@hidden wrote:
>
> > i use Lynx Version 2.8.5 rel.1 (04 Feb 2004)  under DOS 6.22
> > and try to use the following keys.
>
> KEYMAP is an optional feature, and (I don't recall why) is not supported
> under DOS or Cygwin (reading the code to see how it is enabled).

KEYMAP is supported and works fine under DOS (and I believe Cygwin).

> > and i get the following error message.
> >
> > key remapping of { to SHIFT_LEFT failed
> > key remapping of } to SHIFT_RIGHT failed
> > key remapping of | to LINEWRAP_TOGGLE failed
> >
> > what is wrong here? and what must i do to work the keys?

The problem is that the functions SHIFT_LEFT, SHIFT_RIGHT, and
LINEWRAP_TOGGLE aren't supported under DOS or MINGW, but should be
under Cygwin. They are built in only if USE_CURSES_PADS is defined.
This is not defined when PDCurses is used (see LYCurses.h). If you
define USE_CURSES_PADS anyway under PDCurses, the left and right shift
functions work, but the linewrap toggle doesn't, so I am not sure that
it is of much use.

I don't know how to make the functions useful if you really need to
run under DOS 6.22. If you can run under Windows, I would try a Cygwin
binary, which should work. I haven't built a Cygwin binary myself in
some time, but checking an old 2.8.5pre.3 which I built with ncurses
5.3, it behaves as does the current DJGPP version when USE_CURSES_PADS
is defined (i.e. shifting works, but not linewrapping). Does the
linewrapping function really work under some build conditions?

                          Doug
--
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden