lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.6dev.19

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.6dev.19
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 20:52:20 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 4 Sep 2006, Atsuhito Kohda wrote:

I don't see this happening using ja_JP.EUC-JP for a quick check.
Perhaps it depends on the particular page used (a url would help).
Or perhaps my configure options differ - I turn most of them on:

I'll check configuration options later but please try
with LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8 on uxterm if you didn't mistype
ja_JP.EUC-JP.  I guess it doesn't depends on a URL nor
a page.

I see one problem - in the options menu, when on a field or options box, the status line is cleared. When on a link, there is text.

Viewing the UTF-8 demo - I see at the end that it's still wrapping the lines early. (iirc, fixing that properly would slow things down - later).

For the rest, I'm not sure where to look. Bear in mind that I'm running current ncurses, but don't recall any post-5.5 changes that _should_ affect lynx.

What configure options are you using for building? The difference could be there, could be in the version of ncurses, or in the URL (though you seem to think that's not likely).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net