lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.6dev.19

From: Rado S
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.6dev.19
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 16:29:08 +0200

=- Thomas Dickey wrote on Fri  1.Sep'06 at  6:37:48 -0400 -=

> >> * add configure options --with-cfg-file and --with-lss-file to
> >> allow one to specify the names and paths of the default
> >> configuration and color-style files -TD
> >
> >Is it the intent of the change that the location of lynx.cfg no
> >longer defaults to --prefix/lib, and I must supply --with-cfg-file
> >and --with-lss-file to install in a private directory?
>
> no - the intent of the change was to allow one to suppress the
> value (not to change the default). I'll revisit this (getting
> the prefix merged in properly is not straightforward, and iirc I
> used a macro that was supposed to handle this ;-)

But ... what are the arguments not to put those files to the
"proper" location where all apps put their config stuff, namely
sysconfdir rather than libdir?

I heard/ read the argument that people are used to "the wrong
way", but if "being used to wrong things" were are valid reason to
stay wrong ... the world would still be a bad place. ;)

Even if it seems insignificant, in fact EVERY effort counts
for a shared task, at least to show your deserving attitude.