lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] DJGPP patch for 2.8.6dev.18

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] DJGPP patch for 2.8.6dev.18
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 09:33:41 +0000 (UTC)

Doug Kaufman dixit:

>The first is a change to aclocal.m4 from "test -f" to "test -x". This

To quote *(autoconf-2.60.info)Limitations of Builtins::

`test' (files)
     To enable `configure' scripts to support cross-compilation, they
     shouldn't do anything that tests features of the build system
     instead of the host system.  But occasionally you may find it
     necessary to check whether some arbitrary file exists.  To do so,
     use `test -f' or `test -r'.  Do not use `test -x', because 4.3BSD
     does not have it.  Do not use `test -e' either, because Solaris
     `/bin/sh' lacks it.  To test for symbolic links on systems that
     have them, use `test -h' rather than `test -L'; either form
     conforms to Posix 1003.1-2001, but older shells like Solaris 8
     `/bin/sh' support only `-h'.

//mirabile
existence.              -- Coywolf Qi Hunt