lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx 2.8.5 on BeOS

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx 2.8.5 on BeOS
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 07:28:59 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006, Nigel Horne wrote:

Thomas Dickey wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jun 2006, Nigel Horne wrote:

Make didn't get very far.

LYCurses.h is trying to use curses.h instead of ncurses.h:

that should be ok (ncurses installs both).  curses.h is standard,
and ncurses.h is a link to curses.h

Even so, it should be using ncurses since I told it to!
So why isn't HAVE_NCURSES_H defined?

I'm not sure (don't have all of the details from this thread in my head).
The configure script looks for ncurses-specific stuff if you tell it to use --with-screen=ncurses; otherwise it only looks for generic curses stuff (and won't set HAVE_NCURSES_H, iirc).

There are a number of reasons for this (one is to allow lynx to be built reliably with either ncurses or a "native" curses implementation installed in the standard locations.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net