lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx 2.8.5 on BeOS

From: Nigel Horne
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx 2.8.5 on BeOS
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 12:08:35 +0100

Thomas Dickey wrote:

checking for library with inet_addr... no
configure: warning: Unable to find library for inet_addr function

you're going to run into problems with BeOS here, since its socket interface isn't compatible with anything. I've seen some reference to a patched network library for BeOS, but was unable to find a copy that might work (recalling only that I found some code that could never have worked ;-).

I don't mind hacking C, I just come out in a rash hacking configure
scripts.

I've a BeOS R4.5 with a workable network interface (and lynx won't connect via that) and a BeOS 5.0 - but no workable network interface. (Since it's one of 15 OS's on the same box, I'm reluctant to change the hardware around at random to search for a workable network card...).

I have a fully working network card (I can telnet in and use netpositive
to get out), on a dedicated machine (£20 at a fair yesterday ;-) )

/bin/basename: too few arguments
Try `/bin/basename --help' for more information.
/bin/basename: too few arguments
Try `/bin/basename --help' for more information.

this could be a scripting error

../configure: test: =: unary operator expected

and this too

checking for ncurses version... no

Let me know if you want any more info for those two.

-Nigel