lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: "internal error" after 2.8.6dev.15->2.8.6dev.17 upgra

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: "internal error" after 2.8.6dev.15->2.8.6dev.17 upgrade on OSX
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 09:02:19 -0500

On Sat, Mar 04, 2006 at 10:49:48PM -0800, OpenMacNews wrote:
> > but on any other, non-"-version" execute, i simply get a failure of:
> >
> > % lynx -verbose
> >     internal error while caching 1st tagspec of 0 lexeme
>
> after poking around in code and finding that "1st tagspec" is found in
> src/LYPrettySrc.c, i added:
>
>       --disable-prettysrc
>
> to configure, and now i'm back in business ... no more fail/error on use.
>
> the question remains, of course, what's changed ... as i did NOT have to
> disable prettysrc b4, and what can be done to get it back?

hmm - I can see that the message is coming from src/LYPrettySrc.c,
which hasn't changed since a year ago.  I would have suspected one
of last fall's buffer/indexing fixes, but see those are earlier.
This appears to be happening during initialization - you might
get some clue by looking to see what it's processed via

        lynx -verbose -trace

This is parsing data, e.g., the lynx.lss file.  For instance it could
be invoked via ReadCFG.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net