lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] Re: editing

From: Walter Ian Kaye
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Re: editing
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 22:56:56 -0800

At 09:07p +0000 01/23/2006, Thorsten Glaser didst inscribe upon an electronic papyrus:

Giancarlo Bassi dixit:

 > Walter Ian Kaye <address@hidden> wrote
 > on Tue, 27 Dec 2005 02:36:00 -0800:
 >
 > <In the meantime, one might save the HTML page to disk, edit it so it works
 > properly, then use that local file to control the unit.

Doesn't often work:

* session cookies
* forms

We need a "edit this page in external editor then go back but retain
any form content, cookies, referrers and whatever (i.e. state)" thing.

Ah, like OmniWeb. That ability in OW actually saved my butt when an ecommerce page was broken so the bottom half of the form did not display. I was able to edit the cached page to fix the HTML and show the rest of the form, and continue my order checkout. That was cool. :D

AFAIK, OW is the only browser with that particular functionality. Are there any others? It's so brilliant.