lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] Re: What may cause a corrupted screen?

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Re: What may cause a corrupted screen?
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 18:35:15 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006, Fr?d?ric L. W. Meunier wrote:

I have no idea about what may be causing it, but now tried different things.
So, apparently some change to 2.8.6dev.6 caused it.

That was around the point where I started making changes to do "real" UTF-8, and there were lots of changes to make the ncursesw code do something similar to the fake UTF-8 code. There were at least a few off-by-ones introduced. Before 2.8.6dev.6, the ncurses/ncursesw code in lynx is identical.

However, there were also some ncurses fixes since 5.4 that affected lynx. For instance, I've had a couple of people report that one of the problems that made links off by one column was fixed by upgrading to some more current ncurses (though I didn't analyze it to see what the exact problem was).

My understanding is that you're using ncurses 5.4 since that's what is on Slackware. So there'll be some problems.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net