lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx and forms

From: Walter Ian Kaye
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx and forms
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 02:36:00 -0800

At 04:31p -0500 12/26/2005, Stef Caunter didst inscribe upon an electronic papyrus:

The APC interface uses an onClick javascript event to submit changes to control the power outlets - most annoying if you would like to stay in a shell, but there isn't anything to do except ask them to put in a real html form submit button.

I am sure many of their (inadvertent) end users are unix admins in ISP colos who find they can't control the unit unless they go to a javascript browser.

Completely unnecessary, as the interface is dead simple otherwise; it toggles the device state with option values. Allowing a real form submit would enable scriptable control for admins.

In the meantime, one might save the HTML page to disk, edit it so it works properly, then use that local file to control the unit.

That's what I did with my router admin page that uses frames. :-)