lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] PDCurses problem with MingW lynx

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: [Lynx-dev] PDCurses problem with MingW lynx
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 19:40:29 -0800 (PST)

While investigating the problem with the display on the option page,
I came across another problem that had been present for a while, but
hidden. In the current cvs version of PDCurses, the general error code
was changed to "-1". It had been "0", up through PDCurses 2.6. With a
MingW build of lynx 2.8.6dev.15a and the new PDCurses code, lynx was
consistently bailing out at the same place. The lynx trace showed that
lynx was receiving a 0xffffffff, then stopping. When I changed the
error code in PDCurses back to "0", lynx seemed to work fine, but a
trace showed that it was now receiving a "0" at the same place in the
code (but this didn't cause lynx to stop). I went back and looked at
my MingW copy of lynx2.8.6dev.11, which had been built with PDCurses
2.6. It also showed the "0" received there. Note that this occurs just
after GridText gets to HText_pageDisplay finished.

A trace from a DJGPP build of lynx2.8.6dev.15a with the DOS build of
the cvs version of PDCurses does not show this problem.

I am attaching the part of the MingW lynx trace at the time of the error
(highlighted with ^^^). Does anyone have any ideas about what is going
on? For now, the workaround is to change the definintion of ERR in
PDCurses' "curses.h" to "0", but that just hides the problem.
                        Doug

--
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden