lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Color in an Emacs terminal emulator (eterm)

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Color in an Emacs terminal emulator (eterm)
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 18:08:56 -0400

On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 05:11:07PM +0000, Bryan Henderson wrote:
> >This chunk seems to fix the problem:
>
> I think you may have fixed something else.  In order to apply the patch,
> I downloaded some current source code (2.8.5rel1.1).  I built it first
> without the patch, and the color problem I was having does not exist.
>
> But the new Lynx has another problem in an eterm:

I don't have eterm handy, but looking to see if it is an effect of $TERM,
ncurses or lynx in an xterm I don't see this effect.  I looked with current
(2.8.6dev.13), and release (2.8.5).  If I can reproduce it, I can analyze it.

> When I page down, areas on the left of the screen that are supposed to
> be a blank left margin retain their contents from the previous page.
> For example, <http://netpbm.sf.net/doc/pnmtojpeg.html>.
>

> This is with both the old black and white eterm definition (from
> Ncurses) and the new color one (from Emacs), both Emacs 20 and Emacs
> 21.  In a 'linux' terminal, it works fine.  It's the same with and
> without your patch applied.

Is that "'linux' terminal" just a regular Linux console, or Emacs terminal
using $TERM set to 'linux'?

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net