lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Still some display problems (dev.13)

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Still some display problems (dev.13)
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 08:29:15 -0400

On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 09:45:16AM +0000, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.1/changes.html
>
> Terminal: XFree86(R) 4.5.0 xterm at 113x42; GNU screen with permanent
> status bar inside (leaving 113x41 for lynx).
>
> [...]
>       if (d)
>
>         {
>
>           foo (&b, &c);
>
>           a = b + c;
>
>         }
>
>       printf ("%d\n", a);
>
>     }
>
>                The  a  =  b  +  c  can  be  sunk  to right before the printf.
> Normal code sinking will not do thi
^^^^^^^
The extra blanks are from the <pre> section above, e.g.,

      if (d)
        {
          foo (&amp;b, &amp;c);
          a = b + c;
        }
      printf ("%d\n", a);
    }
        </pre>

        The <code>a = b + c</code> can be sunk to right before the
        <code>printf</code>.  Normal code sinking will not do this, it will
        sink the first one above into the else-branch of the conditional

Removing the blanks does.  This isn't a new problem.  Comparing with IE,
I see that it puts out the blanks, but puts a carriage return after them.
Opera is doing the same thing.