lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] How to use multi-bookmarks? (What am I doing wrong?)

From: Stef Caunter
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] How to use multi-bookmarks? (What am I doing wrong?)
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 23:44:00 -0400 (EDT)

(belated reply, mail woes)

Ensure and confirm that your [O]ptions session is flushed to disk, by
selecting to save to disk; this freshens your .lynxrc file. Otherwise you get
settings for your individual session that aren't remembered next time.

This disk write to .lynxrc should be default behaviour for [O]ptions
configurations IMHO, but it's not. There may be reasons that make this
unwanted as default; lynx tends to tread lightly at first.

The [O]ptions behaviour is probably what is missing from the doco. I'd be
happy to put something in an edit (what is the filename?), or submit something
on the [O]ptions URL in general.

Once the multibookmarks setup on Options is done and has been written out to
your .lynxrc, edit .lynxrc and you will see a list of 25 possible "other"
bookmark files (26 letters minus "A") - you need to then associate some of them
with filenames to get the menus and other functionality.

http://caunter.ca/contact.html