lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] off-topic: proxies, sockets and http requests

From: Stef Caunter
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] off-topic: proxies, sockets and http requests
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 17:22:57 -0400 (EDT)

Okay, so there is no proxy server from your post.
What is the result of simple telnet GET requests to port 80?
Can you maintain a connection with an HTTP/1.1 request using this method?
Do you have an example of the fetch program in question?
Aside from "guessing" server responses to speed things up, lynx runs a fairly
straightforward network socket connection to port 80 AFAIK.

__Stef
http://caunter.ca/contact.html