lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] More problems with end of line

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: [Lynx-dev] More problems with end of line
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 07:36:46 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

go to http://mira.66h.42h.de/bookmark.htm,
switch ('\') to source view, do a search ('/')
for the word "nerode" (without the quote marks).

It looks like this in screen-within-PuTTY:

<<<+++     Meine Homepage (alter Stil) - Thorsten "mirabile" Glaser (p54 of 58)

+ EBO und Stadtbahnbetrieb (als K&ouml;lner oder Bonner Stra&szlig;en-/U-Bahn) d
                                      nerode nerode
+ocumentation License</a> &ndash; don't use!</li>
<li><a href="http://www.crazyboy.com/hydan/";>Hydan: Information Hiding in Progra

+m Binaries</a></li>
[... rest snipped ...]

Now I press the DELETE key:

<<<+++     Meine Homepage (alter Stil) - Thorsten "mirabile" Glaser (p54 of 58)
+er 7, 16, 18 und 68</li>
<li><a href="http://home.twcny.rr.com/nerode/neroden/fdl.html";>GNU Most Unfree D
+ocumentation License</a> &ndash; don't use!</li>
<li><a href="http://www.crazyboy.com/hydan/";>Hydan: Information Hiding in Progra

+m Binaries</a></li>
<li><a href="http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/opensources/book/toc.html";>Open Sour

+ces: Voices from the Open Source Revolution</a> (das Buch, online lesen)</li>
[...]

So, the bug with a totally blank (AND uncounted) line after an overlong
line has only partially been fixed. This is dev.11i/MirOS, I haven't seen
it recently for formatted HTML view (but that does not necessarily imply
that it vanished altogether).

This is a MAJOR usability regression against IIRC 2.8.5, where
I don't remember ever seeing it.

If I can do anything further to help hunt down the problem,
please tell me.

bye,
//mirabile