lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] LYNX: ^R doesn't seem to work on V-page

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] LYNX: ^R doesn't seem to work on V-page
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 00:25:49 -0500

On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 03:36:47PM -0500, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Feb 2005, David Combs wrote:
>
> >Oh, here's the lynx-version:
> >
> >   Visited Links Page (Lynx Version 2.8.5rel.1)
>
> The library (ncurses/slang/other) is probably relevant.
> I just tried it with ncurses, and it works as I'd expect.
>
> --
> Thomas E. Dickey
> http://invisible-island.net
> ftp://invisible-island.net

First, this lynx I'm using is what my ISP (panix.com) provides.

Second, are you saying that if I cannot get ^R to work on the
V-page, that panix's version is definitely *not* using
ncurses?

If so, then what might they be using, instead, for similar
functionality?

And, is there any way I can, via running some program
*on* the binary, also find out what it's loaded with,
and what it will probably bind to re sharable runtime libraries?

(I have a "shell account" on panix, and they have all the
usual gnu stuff.  (they run netbsd))

I ask these (probably naive) questions in the hope that
I'll end up with something to send to the admin-staff here
(panix).

(Heck -- maybe I could hook *you* up with them (via email),
and you can tell them what to do!)

Question: if this ^R works just fine for normal web-pages,
but not for this lynx-generated V-page, what *else* might
probably not work as it should?

Question: just For-My-Information, what is it about
ncurses that makes ^R work on the V-page (when ^R works
on WEB-pages even *without* (apparently) ncurses?

Thanks, Tom!

David