lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: how to maximize client area???

From: Chuck Martin
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: how to maximize client area???
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 02:29:15 -0500

I accidently sent a private reply instead of a reply to the list on this
one, so I'm rereplying.

On Sun, Jan 30, 2005 at 03:43:12PM -0600, address@hidden wrote:
> Switch the indentings s function, even for text and odd for headings.
> Few pages that I see hav headings, better to fill the screen for the
> commoner case--or option:

I think it's easier to scan headers if they're the only thing that starts
all the way to the left, and it seems that others agree with me.  Look
at man pages, for one example.

For another example, subscribe to the "This is True" newsletter
(www.thisistrue.com).  It's an interesting newsletter you'll probably
enjoy, anyway, and it's free (there's a non-free version for those who
want more stories and no ads), and all news items have a left justified
heading, with the story itself indented three spaces.  I haven't heard
of any complaints, and Randy (the author of the newsletter) would
likely publish complaints if there were any (at least a representative
sample) even if he didn't agree and didn't want to change the format.

Chuck