lynx-dev

Re: Lynx as primary browser (was Re: [Lynx-dev] how to maximize client a

From: Seth House
Subject: Re: Lynx as primary browser (was Re: [Lynx-dev] how to maximize client area???)
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 19:29:17 -0700

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 15:23:56 -0800, Walter Ian Kaye
<address@hidden> wrote:
> At 09:53p +0000 01/30/2005, Thorsten Glaser didst inscribe upon an
> electronic papyrus:
>
> >Stef Caunter dixit:
> >
> >  >On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 address@hidden wrote:
> >  >
> >  >> surely, anyone outside the poorest parts of the World today
> >  >> has access to Firefox, Konqueror & other graphical browsers,
> >  >> which display WWW pages as their authors intend them to be seen.
> >
> >FUD.
> >
> >* I design my web pages (e.g. http://mirbsd.mirsolutions.de/ ) to
> >   be optimised for Lynx and still look not too bad in Konqueror,
>
> Me too. ;)
>
> >   and be XHTML/1.1 compliant.
>
> Screw xhtml. <g>  I'm sticking with HTML, just like I stick with Lynx. :-)
> I expect both to outlive me. ;)

You meant that tongue-in-cheek, I know. I see the broad adoption of
XHTML as a boon for Lynx since it facilitates more attention payed to
document structure and the probable end of using tables for layout (as
we've discussed
(http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lynx-dev/2005-01/msg00123.html)).

This may call for a new thread but, what kind of attention have the
Lynx developers been focusing on XHTML or the Semantic Web? I'm new to
the list, but a quick poke through the archives didn't turn up much.

- whiteinge