lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] problem accessing password-protected sites

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] problem accessing password-protected sites
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 22:12:49 +0900

On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 07:39:36PM -0500, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> with the code, it seems this chunk of trace should correspond in some way
> to a trace you can make.  But the closest match I see in lynx's source

I accessed the site directly (127.0.0.1) without going through the
proxy.  Lynx worked fine.  While I don't understand why authorization
would fail only on the first attempt, it is somehow related to the proxy,
and I guess not a Lynx problem.  Anyway snippets of the trace are below.

__Henry

******** First [Enter] on link fails: ********

Referer: http://yuba.kcn.ne.jp/jugyou.html\r
Authorization: Basic MDItMS01NTpTZWlCdXRzdQ==\r
\r
----------------------------------
Sending HTTP request.
HTTP: WRITE delivered OK
HTTP request sent; waiting for response.
HTTP: Trying to read 1535
HTTP: Read 0
HTTP: Hit unexpected network read error; aborting connection; status 0.

Alert!: Unexpected network read error; connection aborted.

HTAccess:  status=-1
Can't Access `http://yuba.kcn.ne.jp/jouhou/notes/index.html'
HTAccess: Can't access `http://yuba.kcn.ne.jp/jouhou/notes/index.html'

Alert!: Can't access page! [back translated]

******** Second [Enter] on link succeeds: ********

Referer: http://yuba.kcn.ne.jp/jugyou.html\r
Authorization: Basic MDItMS01NTpTZWlCdXRzdQ==\r
\r
Sending HTTP request.
HTTP: WRITE delivered OK
HTTP request sent; waiting for response.
HTTP: Trying to read 1535
HTTP: Read 271
HTTP: Rx: HTTP/1.0 200 OK
HTTP: Scanned 2 fields from line_buffer