lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] problem accessing password-protected sites

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] problem accessing password-protected sites
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 09:17:06 +0900

On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 05:24:11PM -0500, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 07:03:08AM +0900, Henry Nelson wrote:
> > Alert!: Unexpected network read error; connection aborted.
> > Alert!: Cannot access page!     [translated back to English]
> > Anyone else seeing this?
>
> not I (I don't visit many that do, but probably would notice one that erred).
>
> A quick check with dev.11 to your cited url doesn't show that problem

Thanks for checking.  Is there some configuration/setting which will affect
the transfer of username/password?  Maybe I have some "paranoid" setting
somewhere and am not aware of it.

> (it's in euc-jp, so of course there are other problems).

Sorry about that.  (Don't have an English page that is limited access.)

__Henry

  "Using Lynx is like wearing a really good pair of shades: cuts out
   the glare and harmful UV (ultra-vanity), and you feel so-o-o COOL."
                                         -- me, March 1999