lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] File size limitation problem.

From: fd0man
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] File size limitation problem.
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 13:44:43 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005, David Woolley wrote:

Most operating systems have a file size limit of 2GB.  That's certainly
true of the Linux versions that I have used.  It comes from using
signed integers for the lseek function, etc.

From everything I've read it seems to be also a limitation on the
filesystems. However, I was able to transfer the file correctly with ncftp and it worked just fine, as I noted. Both applications were compiled against the same C library and everything else, I can attest to that. While I'm not a programmer, I do like to build my own software.

That having been said, if I knew C programming, I would submit a patch to fix this myself, because not being able to support the same things that the underlying system can support is annoying, especially if I want to get a DVD ISO to burn.

Anyway, I just wanted to let y'all know. I can get away with using other things for now, but I do tend to use lynx quite a bit. (I hate X, pretty much no matter which distribution it is...)

Thanks.

        Later,
        Mike