lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: LYNX already compiled for Win98

From: Stef Caunter
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: LYNX already compiled for Win98
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 08:13:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004, Webmaster Jim wrote:

> > - 3rd:  at the latest step, if applicable, I would like to use LYNX to
> > automatically check the availability of our companies homepage.

Automated checking of websites is is a classic use of lynx.
Depending on the level of detail required you can confirm everything from
certificates to content integrity to simple availability. I usually have the
checking system email a text device if an error condition is detected.

At the simplest level this will do for any served page.

#!/bin/sh
lynx -dump -source www.foo.com/page.html > /dev/null 2>&1
then
echo "ok"