lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev LYNX: site for getting phone-numbers? LYNX-FRIENDLY!

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: site for getting phone-numbers? LYNX-FRIENDLY!
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 19:26:51 +0000 (UTC)

Dixitur illum address@hidden scribere...

[ unfriendly HTML ]

Feature request:

if somebody knows how to parse HTML and java, and tries to "enter"
a site which has a form and a javascript so-called "submit button",
lynx should either offer a submit button per form itself, or a
HTTP POST facility, which I'll try to explain below:

user hits a key (we need to find a free one, probably shift-foo)
user gets asked for a URL, the current one being default
user can edit and apply ?foo=bar (GET) data, and hits return
<until here, same as shift-g functionality>

But: the HTTP GET request is not sent. instead, a text editor
pops up, where user can enter stuff like
a=b&c=%3Bbar%2E&f=n

This is, together with the URL (and maybe the GET data) from above,
sent as (manually formed) HTTP POST request.

Yes, I've seen a site which uses HTTP POST for the data and GET
for the session key parallely. I've used netcat, but that takes
its time.

//Thorsten
--
[...] if maybe ext3fs wasn't a better pick, or jfs, or maybe reiserfs, oh but
what about xfs, and if only i had waited until reiser4 was ready... in the be-