lynx-dev

lynx-dev Display problem with Cygwin port: lynx or ncurses problem?

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: lynx-dev Display problem with Cygwin port: lynx or ncurses problem?
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 22:26:12 -0700 (PDT)

I noted that the box drawing characters on the cygwin port don't seem
to be correct, at least in popup boxes on the option page. Rather
than line drawing characters the horizontal line character is the
&Auml while the vertical line character is the "3". Upper left and
lower right corners are "U", lower left corner is "A" and upper right
corner is &iquest. This doesn't seem to change when I change display
character set. The lynx_cfg.h file shows ALT_CHAR_SET defined as
"acs_map", so BOXHORI and BOXVERT should be "0". If I read the code
correctly, this calls the "box" function from ncurses and the ncurses
default line drawing characters should be used. Is this due to the way I
configured or is this a more general finding? I am using the standard
cygwin terminfo description from the ncurses distribution. I just
rebuilt ncurses with patches through 20030809, but that didn't make a
difference.
                           Doug

--
Doug Kaufman