lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev LYNX: catch ^C's --> "are you sure?" (excellent!)

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev LYNX: catch ^C's --> "are you sure?" (excellent!)
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 10:38:38 +0900 (JST)

> keyboard issues.  It was fortuitous that I found IGNORE_CTRL_C in
> lynx_cfg.h; it would be a more accessible option to others if it were
> a ./configure --enable-option.  There might be a couple other compile
> time options from lynx_cfg.h likewise made available in the configure
> script, OK_INSTALL comes to mind.

There are.  See docs/README.defines.

Generally, these kinds of defines can be passed to the configure script
as environment variables, for example (csh):
        setenv CPPFLAGS "-I/opt/gnu/include -DENTITIES_HTML40_ONLY"
        setenv LIBS "-L/opt/gnu/lib -lintl"
Don't drop the "-D" before the name of the option.  Make yourself and
save a little shell script to set such environment variables before
running configure.  If you're like me the options to configure alone
can be quite lengthy (mine runs about 10 lines with twice that many
options).  Having them in a little script saves the time of cutting
and pasting each time.

__Henry