lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev new version...when?

From: Thomas E. Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev new version...when?
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 11:15:32 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003, Larry W. Virden wrote:

> dev.16 has 2 bugs i will attempt to describe:
>
> http://www.columbuslibrary.org/ is my public library.
> Type in the word lynx in the search entry on this page and press
> the search link.
> The results are the books with lynx in their title.
> Select the link that represents the title of the first book.
> This brings you to the card catalog info.
>
> Bug 1. If you then select reserve,
> you get taken to a page with a refresh.  When I use netscape, this
> refresh results in a page where I enter my library patron info to reserve
> the book.  With lynx however, I get no where - lynx has lost part of
> the refresh url.  I suspect a buffer overflow or something.

probably - I thought this one was fixed in dev.16

> Bug 2. To look at what lynx does, back up, move the cursor to the
> reserve button, but turn on tracing before pressing the link.
> On my sparc solaris 2.6 version of lynx, I get a crash with this stack
> trace:
>
>                                         [11]Next Record
>    [12]Back to Publications [13]New Search [14]Full Description
>

> Data transfer completesignal SEGV (no mapping at the fault address) in strlen
> at 0xfefb3144
> 0xfefb3144: strlen+0x0080:      ld      [%o1], %o2
> Current function is LYGetHiTextStr
>   790       CTRACE((tfp, "FIXME text '%s'\n", result));

This is my error which I removed in the followup patch at

        ftp://invisible-island.net/temp/lynx2.8.5dev.16a.patch.gz

(I don't believe it's the same issue as the first bug you're describing,
but it certainly will break the trace).

--
T.E.Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net