lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Non-breakable space ignored

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Non-breakable space ignored
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 10:39:00 -0400

On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 06:43:51AM -0700, Ilya Zakharevich wrote:
> I'm puzzled by handling of HT_NON_BREAK_SPACE in GridText.c.  Looks
> like non-breakable spaces are ignored for all purposes but
> justification.  E.g., if the alignment style is RIGHT or CENTER, they
> are ignored *completely*: for the purposes of line breaks, for the
> purpose of calculation of alignment (etc?).  E.g., centering gives

>                              b_______
>
> (here _ represents non-breakable space).  Is this as intended, or just
> an oversight?

hmm - it's not clear from your example, since the line with 'b' contains
tabs and the line with 'a' does not.  When I first viewed this message,
'a' and 'b' were in the same column (which would appear correct, though
the trailing non-breakable spaces might be colored differently from the
background).

either way, it's probably an oversight...

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden> <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com