lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev finding lynx's source of info on what command to run

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev finding lynx's source of info on what command to run
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 20:47:25 +0400 (MSD)

29-Apr-2003 11:50 Thomas E. Dickey wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, Larry W. Virden wrote:

>> From: "Thomas E. Dickey" <address@hidden>
>>
>> > Look at userdefs.h (XLOADIMAGE_COMMAND).
>>
>> I originally wrote:
>>
>> I have checked the user defaults header file:
>> $ grep xli userdefs.h
>>  * is set.  Make it the full path and name of the xli (also known as
>>  * (xli does).  The freeware distribution of xli is available in the
>> $

And I got another result:
  grep -r xli *

lynx.cfg:# is set.  Make it the full path and name of the xli (also know as
lynx.cfg:# (xli does).  The freeware distribution of xli is available in the
lynx.cfg:# If you use xli, you may want to add the -quiet flag.
lynx.cfg:#XLOADIMAGE_COMMAND:xli %s &
lynx.cfg:#              VIEWER:image/gif:xli %s:XWINDOWS
lynx.cfg:#VIEWER:image/gif:xli %s&:XWINDOWS
lynx.cfg:#VIEWER:image/x-xbm:xli %s&:XWINDOWS
lynx.cfg:#VIEWER:image/png:xli %s&:XWINDOWS
lynx.cfg:#VIEWER:image/tiff:xli %s&:XWINDOWS
lynx.cfg:#VIEWER:image/jpeg:xli %s&:XWINDOWS
userdefs.h: * is set.  Make it the full path and name of the xli (also known as
userdefs.h: * (xli does).  The freeware distribution of xli is available in the
userdefs.h:#define XLOADIMAGE_COMMAND "xli %s &"

So xli is hardcoded in userdefs.h as a default for any image,
can be overriden selectively via VIEWER statement in lynx.cfg