lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev marks suggestion

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev marks suggestion
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 10:36:51 +0900 (JST)

> > When paging through longer documents, it would be very useful to be
> > able to mark (and return to) the current position in the document,
> > a la the vim and less 'm' command.
>
> Probably (I don't think it's on any of my to-do lists, but do recall thinking
> it would be nice).  However lynx has all of those keys assigned - my thought

Is 'w' still unused?  For years now I've been undefining 'm' and instead
using 'w' as "LYK_MAIN_MENU" to unconditionally return me to "WWW_HOME".
  ("WWW", the reason for chosing 'w'.  No need to press 'Y'.  Patch at:
   "http://www.irm.nara.kindai.ac.jp/lynxdev/hacks/directowww.gz";.)
To me anyway, the Internet has evolved to the point that people no longer
would associate "m" with "Menu".  I've often thought 'm' might be useful as
a "mailto" command to call ones default mailer, but there are so many other
ways to efficiently call an external mailer from Lynx.  "M" for "mark" seems
like a real natural for a key command.

__Henry