lynx-dev

lynx-dev PRINTER options, ordering/selection of

From: William December Starr
Subject: lynx-dev PRINTER options, ordering/selection of
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 22:56:42 -0400

As per someone's helpful tip here -- sorry, I've deleted the email in
a fit of cleaning up so I don't know whose it was -- I've added this
line:

PRINTER:Append to a local file:sh -c "cat %s >> %s":FALSE

to my .lynx.cgf config file, and now I have the option of "printing"
a web page by appending it to an existing file.  Yay.

Two questions about this whole print option business:

1. My print screen now looks like this:

                  Printing Options (Lynx Version 2.8.4rel.1)

        Document: file://localhost/net/u/1/w/wdstarr/bookmarks.html
        Number of lines: 46
        Number of pages: 1 page (approximately)

     Print options:
        Save to a local file
        Mail the file
        Print to the screen
        Print out on a printer attached to your vt100 terminal
        Append to a local file
        Specify at run-time
        Use LESS to view

Is there any way I can make my "Append to a file" option appear any
higher on the list, that is, within rather than after the four
pre-defined options?

2. I think that the person who posted the tip that I followed said
that he could auto-select that fifth option on the list simply by
hitting the '5' key.  That doesn't work for me; what am I doing
wrong?

-- William December Starr <address@hidden>