lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev screen not redisplaying cleanly

From: Thomas E. Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev screen not redisplaying cleanly
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 08:34:46 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003, Pat Walsh wrote:

> * Pat Walsh <address@hidden>, Mon Apr 14 03:52 -0600:
> > > hmm - dev.14 won't run the lynxprog url anyway (due to the
> > > blank-conversion).
> > The lynxprog's with blanks can still be run by entering the
> > shortcut name at the J prompt.
>
> More helpfully perhaps, the mangled display can also be seen when
> returning from a document EDIT (vim 6.1).

that would be roughly the same case - lynx should only run a subprocess
by first stopping curses mode, execute the process and then restore
curses mode (repainting the display).  If the subprocess were detached
(for instance to display an image with xli), that could send messages
to the screen after lynx had repainted it.  But neither less or vim
should be doing that.

That reminds me - recent 'screen' is supposed to be aware of xterm's
alternate screen feature (that's something that could be a bug in screen,
but not lynx).  So I'll check both.

--
T.E.Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net