lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev base href -- how generated by Lynx?

From: Ian Collier
Subject: Re: lynx-dev base href -- how generated by Lynx?
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2003 21:29:07 +0000

On Sun, Mar 02, 2003 at 04:51:01PM +0100, clemens fischer wrote:
> address@hidden (William December Starr):
> > lynx -base -source http://www.cuttingsarchive.org.uk/telos/

> this page opens up saying that my browser doesn't support web
> standards.  the server is micro$oft IIS ...

LOL. :-)

It says that because Lynx doesn't obey the CSS which specifies
"nodisplay" for that section (I suspect the web page author doesn't
have any control over the server).

The previous discussion of the Content-Location issue with Easynet's
non-standards-compliant web server was about here:

http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month052002/msg00036.html

(you can probably get to the rest of the thread from that message).

imc