lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Problem with parameters sent in Lynx

From: Petr Baudis
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Problem with parameters sent in Lynx
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2003 02:10:03 +0100

Dear diary, on Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 03:53:52AM CET, I got a letter,
where Henry Nelson <address@hidden> told me, that...
> WRT redirect(0), can't you just tell your customers how to configure their
> server to do it rather than let them rely on lame HTML?  That is, package
> your product with a README.redirect file that gives them a near cut-n-paste
> "fix" to their httpd.conf file.

Assuming that they have access to the httpd.conf file (all of them, including
webmasters). That's frequently not a case, though. Even if the company has own
web servers, oftens admins and webmasters are completely disjunctive sets of
people, admins obviously not willing to let webmasters to touch httpd.conf (and
give them then permission to restart apache etc), and webmasters not having a
slightest clue about UNIX systems etc. Not even talking about windows-based
webservers.

--

                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis
.