lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Problem with parameters sent in Lynx

From: Ari Moisio
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Problem with parameters sent in Lynx
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 20:49:04 +0200 (EET)

Hi!

Peter Rasmussen 29.12.02:

>Is Lynx your preferred browser or are there others that you find better or just
>as good? Preferrably they should run on Linux because that is the platform I
>have access to.

  I prefer LYnx due it's speed and reliability. I use ie only if page is
loaded with javascripts but usually it won't work any better due windows
screen reader limitations.

>My interest in asking you is that perhaps I should elevate the importance of
>a browser to test my software against. Until now Lynx has only had a nice-to-
>have importance, but that was mostly because I had a [it seems] mistaken
>assumption about it that it had almost halted in its development. But as I
>mostly just need a browser to be able to read and 'cat' text to the screen
>even old versions of Lynx were all right, and I didn't care to dig into it.

  Lynx is good tool to verify site's accessibility for differrent
browser, not only visually impaired users. If Lynx cannot access page,
it is probably hard to use with pda's, web-via-phone services and search
engines too.

--
Mr. Ari Moisio, +358-40-5055239