lynx-dev

lynx-dev Another Windows problem ?

From: Frédéric L . W . Meunier
Subject: lynx-dev Another Windows problem ?
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 22:18:53 -0200 (E. South America Daylight Time)

The following doesn't work.

set HOME=%USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Lynx

HOME=C:\Documents and Settings\Frédéric L W Meunier\Application Data\Lynx

Yes, the directory exists. And yes, I also know if was a bad
idea to create an user "Frédéric L W Meunier" (I thought it was
to add my name).

set LYNX_CFG=%ProgramFiles%\Lynx\lynx.cfg

LYNX_CFG=C:\Program Files\Lynx\lynx.cfg

TEMP=C:\DOCUME~1\FRDRIC~1\LOCALS~1\Temp

(it's C:\Documents and Settings/Frédéric L W Meunier/Local Settings/Temp)

ERROR - unable to open bookmark file.
Alert!: Unable to save Options!

>From the trace:

GETCH: Got 0x64.
LYReadCmdKey(4) ->d (0x64)

get_bookmark_filename: SEEKING lynx_bookmarks.htm
   AS C:\Documents and Settings\Frédéric L W Meunier\Application
Data\Lynx/lynx_bookmarks.htm

GETCH: Got 0xa.
LYReadCmdKey(3) ->
 (0xa)
LYgetstr(Lynx Information) LYE_ENTER

save_bookmark_link: SEEKING lynx_bookmarks.htm
   AS C:\Documents and Settings\Frédéric L W Meunier\Application
Data\Lynx/lynx_bookmarks.htm

If I use HOME="C:\Documents and Settings\Frédéric L W Meunier\Application
Data\Lynx"

it saves the files in TEMP.

--
address@hidden, {dyndns.}org}