lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev 2.8.5dev.11 using too much RAM

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev 2.8.5dev.11 using too much RAM
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 14:44:13 +0300 (MSK)

17-Dec-2002 18:00 Thomas Dickey wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 01:30:36AM +0300, Leonid Pauzner wrote:
>> I may supply a reverse patch if necessary.

> I can take a quick look now if you have a better reverse patch - it was
> the forward direction which is time-consuming to proceed.

Three patches aginst GridText.c attached
(please check whether uuencoded patches now applyed cleanly).

patch #1: bela.dif
changes proposed by Bela Lubkin, to optimize ALLOC_IN_POOL macro
substitution, pack bitfields in HTStyleChanges more compact on some systems.
Applied against clean dev.11 in either way.

patch #2: forward.dif
my proposed changes for line/pool logic,
reportedly buggy wrt memory overrun. Applied after bela.dif

patch #3: reverse.dif
undo line/pool logic. Applied after bela.dif