lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev dev.10 progress

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev dev.10 progress
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 05:56:53 -0500 (EST)

> 19-Nov-2002 21:01 Thomas Dickey wrote:
>
> > It's something to do with the pool-allocation.  valgrind is probably showing
> > me the problem that I'm looking for, e.g., this (repeated a lot of times):
>
> Still I cannot figure the source of problems with line->date .
>
> Try the attached patch. It reverts changes related to allocation of lines
> in pool. Perhaps this will help to isolate the problem since the patch is
> relatively small and straight forward. (Allocation of anchors left in pool).

I tried something like this earlier this morning (am at work now), and it
did fix the problem.  My guess is that one of the top-level variables is
being nulled by the new code, and it was checked in the logic for deciding
how to redisplay.  But narrowing it down to a small chunk is the first
step in debugging the problem.

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden> <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com