lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx can't use the webmail interface on www.gmx.net!

From: Frédéric L . W . Meunier
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx can't use the webmail interface on www.gmx.net!
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 14:32:28 -0300

On Sun, Oct 13, 2002 at 10:11:41PM +0200, clemens fischer wrote:
> i just tried to send a message using the web-interface on www.gmx.net.
> i can fill in the form, but when i want to send the message off, i
> get: "Alert!: Can't open file for uploading".  the form sending is
> done by a CGI called http://www55.gmx.net/de/cgi/center (the www55
> part will change per instance, i guess), but i don't know how to find
> out what's going wrong there.
>
> w3m sends messages ok.  my version is Lynx 2.8.5dev.9 on freebsd-4.3.

This is a problem with --enable-file-upload. I disabled it on my
Linux builds. I reported it... 3 years ago.

http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month091999/msg00321.html

The bad thing is that GNOME news disappeared, but I could
reproduce it with http://fastmail.fm/ a few months ago on Windows
(where I enable --enable-file-upload).

I'll send a trace tomorrow if Clemens doesn't.

--
address@hidden, {dyndns.}org}