lynx-dev

Re: Attn: Tom Dickey Re: lynx-dev superscript bugs

From: Walter Ian Kaye
Subject: Re: Attn: Tom Dickey Re: lynx-dev superscript bugs
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 13:19:52 -0700

At 12:23p -0700 08/10/2002, Steve White didst inscribe upon an electronic papyrus:

I personally detest using Gif's to represent formulae.  It's ugly, sloppy,
and amounts to a loss of information.

I have found that a lot of math can be represented very well in HTML,
so long as browsers adhere to published standards.

Sample: <http://www.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-wrap/pubpage?slac-pub-8544>

-boo