lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev www.worldwariiiredport.com: badly formed address: WHY?

From: Ismael Cordeiro
Subject: Re: lynx-dev www.worldwariiiredport.com: badly formed address: WHY?
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 08:26:24 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, David Combs wrote:

> These three urls:
>
> www.worldwarIIIreport.com
>
> www.worldwariiireport.com
>
> http://www.worldwariiireport.com
>
> The first two give me something like "badly formed address".
>
> The third merely gives something like "site unavailable" (it flashes so
> fast I can't grab it with mouse-area, to use here).
>
> Any idea *what* is "wrong" with those first two?
>
> Oh, here's which lynx I'm using:
>
>   Lynx 2.8.4rel.1 (17 Jul 2001) ([1]latest release)

That address doesn't exist. That's why Lynx says "Unable to connect to
remote host". The correct one is <http://www.worldwar3report.com>. About
your first two tries, it's better to turn trace on and see what is
happening.  Anyway, if you use the correct address without "http://"; -
www.worldwar3report.com - Lynx connects correctly.

Ismael
      | ISMAEL CORDEIRO            | mailto:address@hidden        |
      | Production sound mixer     | http://www.pubnix.net/~ismael/    |
      | Montréal - Québec - Canada | ftp://ftp.pubnix.net/users/ismael |