lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev "Alert!: HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request"

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev "Alert!: HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request"
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 05:51:18 -0500

On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 11:11:13PM +0000, David Woolley wrote:

> It's possible that the person who is getting failed to connect is not
> using a proxy and getting a DNS error as a result of looking up the
> whole field.

I'm puzzled (but if the url stays there until I have time to trace it
properly, I may find out if there is something to fix in lynx - sounds
likely based on the results from Opera - if it were only links, I probably
would ignore the report).

> >   Security warning: you are about to go to an address
> >   that contained a username before the servername:
>
> That's a good description of the real problem.   I would say that
> you should almost certainly abandon any URL that produces this warning
> as it is almost certainly  malicious.

but what if I _wanted_ to go there?  (I'd rather get the warning).

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net