lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Yahoo Groups: I enable cookies; still complains they aren't

From: Ian Collier
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Yahoo Groups: I enable cookies; still complains they aren't!
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 11:31:35 +0000

On Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 04:21:44PM -0500, Thomas Dickey wrote:
[attribution for this next bit seems to have been lost]
> > i run linux and i can't get in to yahoo. i used tcpdump to watch the login
> > transaction and i see that lynx is (storing? ) sending only a part of
> > the cookie that yahoo sends.
> that would be interesting for comparison (the cases I've run work, so I
> am not sure what to fix).

I currently have no problems with Yahoo Groups and Lynx.  However,
versions of Lynx prior to 2.8.4 needed a COOKIE_LOOSE_INVALID_DOMAINS
setting in order to avoid being prompted, or to work at all when
using -dump or -source.

I did have to hack the Lynx source in order to be able to download
Yahoo Groups messages non-interactively with -source.  This is the
subject of a message I sent to lynx-dev last month shortly before
I joined.  The docs for the list say that non-member submissions
will be forwarded to the list if they are relevant, but I don't
think it's turned up, so if no one minds I'll repeat it.

imc