lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev view chinese (big5, gb) in lynx

From: Neo Sze Wee
Subject: Re: lynx-dev view chinese (big5, gb) in lynx
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 18:08:42 +0000

On Sat, Jan 19, 2002 at 01:30:35PM +0900, Henry Nelson wrote:
> > What options i need to enable in lynx?
>
> If a translation of the messages is available, or you are going to do one
> yourself, you'll want to compile Lynx with NLS (gettext).  FWIW, I didn't
> see a translation at: http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/contrib/po/teams/PO/.

I cannot compiled because I have not downloaded the compiler from slackware
8.0 because of space constraint.

> Otherwise, just to view documents written in Chinese, [theoretically] all
> you need to do is set your Display Character Set, which you can do from the
> Options Menu (press 'O').  You probably will want to set CJK mode to ON.

Is it really that easy? I am using an English system.

> As far as fonts and such, it will depend on your system and how you use
> Lynx, i.e., from a console, X-Windows, terminal emulation, etc.  I can't

I can only use the console and I prefer to use console. I do not have X and I
have only install the minimal. My sytem is 486 with 4 ram and run slowly. So
I have to install the samllest and the minimal.