lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.5dev.2 and UTF-8

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.5dev.2 and UTF-8
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 05:19:42 -0400

On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 08:18:25PM +0200, Karl Eichwalder wrote:
> Thomas Dickey <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > odd (this should have surfaced before).  Here's a fix for the first problem:
> >
> > --- src/LYCurses.c.orig     Wed Aug 15 18:23:14 2001
> > +++ src/LYCurses.c  Sat Sep 29 13:40:07 2001
>
> Thanks, problem fixed.
>
> >> Another bug: lynx often blinks (= redraws the complete window?); prior
> >> versions don't show this behavior.
>
> > I think I need more info for the latter problem
>
> Hard to describe.  As I said I'm using lynx2-8-5/lynx.cfg coming with
> the distribution, thus lynx is nicely colored.  It flickers---it happens
> always if you download a longer page (~60k).  Once an initial chunk is
> downloaded it draws the first screen an blinks black for a fraction of a
> second.  Until all data is download it usually blinks two or three more
> times.

offhand, it sounds as if it's flickering when doing partial display of
results, that is, clearing the screen before painting it.  If I can
reproduce the problem, I can make a better guess (whether it's something
we can fix).  What's the url, etc.?  (Also, I assume you're using the
same environment settings as in your earlier report - is the display
character set to UTF-8 still?)

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net