lynx-dev

lynx-dev 'Alert!: Unable to access document.' X 'Alert!: Unsupported URL

From: Frédéric L . W . Meunier
Subject: lynx-dev 'Alert!: Unable to access document.' X 'Alert!: Unsupported URL scheme!'
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 04:25:54 -0300

I compile Lynx with --disable-finger --disable-gopher
--disable-news

A simple test with finger://foo, gopher://foo, nntp://foo,
news://foo, and snews://foo returns

'Alert!: Unable to access document.'

Another test with foo://foo returns

'Alert!: Unsupported URL scheme!'

I'd expect Lynx to return 'Alert!: Unsupported URL scheme!'
for the others because I compiled it without the support.
'Alert!: Unable to access document.' is misleading here.

BTW, I was automatically (?) unsubscribed because some
messages bounced (the free hosting service was down in the
last ~3 days). I don't think you can post to the list anymore
without being subscribed. To the administrator:

If you don't moderate the list or send a message back to the
sender informing that he can't post to the list or his
message is awaiting approval, then people can just think the
Lynx developers ignored their questions.

But that's just one of the Mailman features over Majordomo
:-) If you can, switch to Mailman ASAP.

--
address@hidden, {dyndns.}org} Tel: 55-21-2717-2399 (Niterói-RJ BR)