lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev more javascript questions, Any Port in a Storm

From: A. R. Vener
Subject: Re: lynx-dev more javascript questions, Any Port in a Storm
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 16:02:52 -0400 (EDT)

I'd be interested in helping with this project. In my case my pet
javascript peeve is an a streaming audio site whose audio links
are hidden behind javascript objects.  I'd like to be able to
translate the live feed links into standard html.

Perhaps the first step is to locate an online copy of the javascript
protocol specification.

>       I am the one who wrote the post about the javascript
> monster striking again.
>
>       Several people have mentioned the possibility of writing
> a proxy agent that one would log in to under lynx and then enter
> an url to a problem web site with the proxy serving as a
> translator to turn javascript in to html links and the client's
> return key hits in to click responses.
>
>       Since the little network device I bought allows one to
> enter data normally on the form and only uses the onclick to
> submit, I thought this might be a good starting point.
>
>       First, what does the browser send out to the server when
> the customer clicks a mouse button?
>
>       Would there be any way to cause lynx to simply push that
> string back to the server so it would go ahead and submit?
>
>       Finally, is there any code around that I could look at to
> get started on the proxy?  What I picture is logging in to a web
> page with one link in to which you type the url of the javascript
> site that is causing the problem.  The proxy translates anything
> it can in to standard html and passes already-working html right
> on through to lynx.
>
>       If the operator hits enter on a javascript link, the
> proxy sends a click string back to the server.
>
>       On this rather simple web page where the JS is the Submit
> button, I think I could shoe-horn a click string back to the
> server and it would be happy and I would be extatic.
>
> Martin McCormick

Rudy