lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Has anyone considered partial java script implementation?

From: Matt Ackeret
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Has anyone considered partial java script implementation?
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 17:35:05 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Victor Schneider wrote:
>I don't know java script well enough to answer this, but I see examples of
>javascript calls that are basically rewrites of html links, and I think
>there may be a limited subset of javascript that is html in disguise and
>could cover enough cases to make its inclusion in lynx a very good idea.

Yes, I believe most everyone thinks its inclusion in lynx is a very good
idea.  Nobody, including me, has gone through the trouble of trying to
implement it however.

It is a *lot* of work and the Javascript notion of how a browser works
is substantially different than what lynx already uses.

I am not trying to dissuade you.  I'd love to have some Javascript support
in lynx (I hope you'd also add it to links!)